1

1

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Overcoming the Negativity

Sometimes it seems like nothing goes right no matter how hard you try. You try to put on a smile and muddle through your day, but it just doesn't feel right. During those times I try to pull back and take a break from negative thoughts, people, and circumstances. I try to do my quiet time in order to get me through the day. Quiet Time, for those of you that don't know is time spent praying or reading the Bible to become encouraged. I absolutely love Elevation Church in Charlotte,  North Carolina, Pastor Steven Furtick is amazing and always has uplifting messages. I use the Elevation app on my phone, which I would reccommend to everyone. The message I want to share with you today is called Soul Detox, I hope it impacts you guys and gets you through your day. I'll share my notes below. (Click the Title, for the video.)


                                                                                   NOTES                                    
    -It is an ongoing battle we face, but we have to choose to either obey the Flesh or the Spirit of God.
    -Believe in the power of God, stop beleiving in the inabilities of your life.
1. Identifiy and Reject toxic thoughts. Proverbs 4:23 -Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
  Don't be captives of your thoughts, make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 
2.Replace Toxic Thoughts with God's Truth. Phillipians 4:7-8 , Romans 12:2, "...Be transformed by the renewing of your mind."
3. Guard your heart against toxic words. Proverbs 4:20-23 Althogh we can't control waht others say, we must guard our hearts from toxic words which can hinder us from our goals. 
4. Truth or Trash: You are not who others say you are, you are who GOD says you are. Stop being your OWN worst critic!
5.Speak life giving words in EVERY situation. Stop speaking Toxic words into your life. There is power of life and death in the tongue. Phillipians 4:13-I can do all things through Christ who STRENGTHENS me.
                                                                                                                         ~RSVhttp://elevationchurch.org/sermons/souldetox

No comments:

Post a Comment